Wednesday, November 12, 2008

California and Ansel Adams


This past summer I was able to go to northern California with the family. We went the regular sorts of places like San Fran, Big Sur, to see the Redwoods...but the place that we stayed the longest it seemed was Yosemite. While we were there we stayed in a huge tent, where we all were able to sleep together. We also of course hiked quite a few times, (one day for about 8 hrs!) and got a chance to see the beautiful waterfalls, in all their glory.

While we were there I got the pleasure of seeing Ansel Adams actual printed work at the Yosemite gallery. I have always admired his work, but actually seeing them printed made me appreciate them more. Plus when I was able to watch a small video about his life, I realized that he just seemed like the kind of guy you'd love to hang out with.



After feeling in quite a slump photographically after school, seeing his work really inspired me and made me take quite a few images while we were there. Unfortunately most of my film got exposed (GAH!) but I would love to go back someday, and just soak in all the possible photographs.

Below is an inspired image I took of William in the tent where we stayed for 3 days.


No comments: